Dr Juan Carlos Rodriguez - R&D Engineer
PhD, MEng, BSc
Dr. Juan Carlos Rodríguez received the B.Sc. degree in electrical engineering from the Ecuadorian Army Polytechnic School, Sangolquí, Ecuador in 2009, and the M.Eng. and Ph.D. degrees in the same discipline from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, in 2011 and 2017, respectively. He has worked as an engineer in power distribution and automation. From 2012 to 2017 he was part of the Power and Energy Group in RMIT, working in power electronic conversion for energy harvesting in the smart grid. In his current position as a R&D engineer in Stokes Power, he develops energy conversion solutions for powering different technologies that will compose the Internet of Things (IoT). His research interests include energy harvesting, switched-mode power supplies, power electronics for renewable electrical systems, and microgrids
- F. Grijalva, J.C. Rodriguez, J. Larco, L. Orozco, “Smartphone recognition of the U.S. banknotes’ denomination, for visually impaired people,” in IEEE ANDESCON, Bogotá, Colombia, pp.1-6, 15-17 Sept. 2010.
- J.C. Rodriguez and D.G. Holmes, “A test bench for the evaluation of synchronisation techniques for grid-connected converters,” in IEEE Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC), Bali, Indonesia, pp.1-6, 26-29 Sept. 2012.
- J. C. Rodriguez, D. G. Holmes, B. P. McGrath, and R. H. Wilkinson, “Maximum energy harvesting from medium voltage electric-field energy using power line insulators”, in IEEE Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC), Perth, Australia, pp. 1-6, 28 Sept. – 1 Oct., 2014.
- J. C. Rodriguez, D. G. Holmes, B. P. McGrath, and C. Teixeira, “Energy Harvesting from Medium Voltage Electric Fields using pulsed flyback conversion,” in IEEE 8th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (IPEMC-ECCE Asia), pp. 3591-3598, 22-26 May, 2016.
- J. C. Rodríguez, D. G. Holmes, B. McGrath, and R. H. Wilkinson, “A Self-Triggered Pulsed-Mode Flyback Converter for Electric-Field Energy Harvesting,” IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 377-386, 2018.
- J. C. Rodriguez and D. G. Holmes, “Capacitively Coupled Auxiliary Power Supply from High voltage AC,” (in preparation).